- Suspension/Trunk Clunk - Seems to be caused by rear suspesion, more prominent Volvo released software update for suspension because of Sound, this has caused some complaints about Advanced mode being too soft. Seems like there's several version of suspension software version 3 seems to be the best this far.
- R performance issues - there has been lots of talks about R's performance and that the car does not deliver the promised 300HP. Air temperature & Mileage seems to be very big factors with R's performance. Personally I would say my car definitely puts out 300HP, if not even more.
- R Automatic Performance issues - Automatic gearbox by Aisin is limited to 350NM and won't perform as well as Manual gearbox, not much one can do about it. IPD and some other chip makers have version of their chip that removes the limiter (but then you're on your own with warranty issues).
- Trip meter seems to reset on some US cars around 630 miles. (1.609km/mile conversion forgotten?). Software update coming up.
- Lights Pointing too low - Check above on headlight adjustment pictures, remember to turn them back to stock before you take the car to software updates, they can really mess the lights up.
- 130mph limit - some R's are limited to 130mph (I have confirmed this), Volvo has update for this "problem"
- Hesitation round 3000-3500 rpm Volvo has released a fix for this, Volvo ECM software P/N: 30677021-5
- Door Lock/Unlock Flashing & Heated Seat Temperature Codes Codes can be found Here
- Screathing Noise in Rain/Snow Under certain conditions when driving through puddles of water, slush and or snow, the underside of exhaust system may cool down fast enough causing the exhaust to change shape and touch the propeller shaft, causing a very high pitched squealing noise. This noise will be noticed by the driver for only a short time, once the exhaust temperature equalizes the noise will disappear. Volvo Fix P/N: 30676687-4
- How to Reset Service Light Put key in ignition, push down and hold trip reset button while simultaneously turning key to position one, wait a few seconds then turn the key to position 2 (all the time holding trip reset button down.) Then service light or yellow triangle, depending on car will flash a few times and then go off.
- Rear is "hopping" Under Uneven Pavement TNN: 60-08 speaks to a side step complaint issued by some R owners. If you experience the side step, you may issue a complaint to your service department. They will have access to this TNN. It is applicable on S60 R and V70 R's that experience the problem up to chassis number 476762 on the S60 R and chassis number 507989 on the V70 (that's the last six of your VIN, if the last 6 of your VIN is LESS THAN the number I provided above, then this fix is applicable to your vehicle). The part number for the bushing is 30748437. Alignment: the total rear toe should be set to 0.16 (+/- .1 degrees).
- Breaks Are Sqeeling Usually washing the discs every 1-2 week helps, also different break pads might help. Volvo has fix for this, but the fix may result clonking, the part number is: 30748514 - "Vibration damper".
- Some Fuse Info
System HU-80x Hidden Menus
<News> <Specs> <Pictures> <Videos> <Info> <Links> <Forums>